Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Georgia's Restaurant (Anaheim) 7.23.14

Just got home from lunch at Georgia's Restaurant in the Anaheim Packing House.  I have been waiting for Georgia's to open because I love soul food. And, I have to start by saying that it is my new favorite spot in the Packing House.  The service is incredible (possibly even over-attentive, but better more than less), the food is delicious and, of course, I love the Packing House as a spot.

After ordering, the server asked if we were dining with them or taking food out.  When you dine in Georgia's space, they bring out cornbread biscuits before your entrees arrive:

Cornbread biscuits--A nice start to the meal :) 

My friend ordered the pulled-pork sandwich with fries.  She's not a cole slaw fan so she took that off (I tried it and it was a little bland on its own).  The pork, however was fantastic--tender with plenty of sauce but not overly saucy.  Their barbecue sauce is on the sweet side (which I love but I know some people are not as into).  She thought the bun that the pork was served on was the best part of the meal. 

Pulled Pork Po-Boy with Fries

I ordered the tri-tip with collard greens and baked beans.  The tri-tip was medium/ medium-well with just a hint of pink.  That's a little more well-done than I usually eat it, but it was still tender and delicious.  I asked for a side of BBQ sauce which was delicious.  The sweet BBQ sauce was a really nice balance for the greens and the baked beans, but of which had a slight kick.  The baked beans had a really nice balance between sweet and spicy and were definitely homemade.  And, I'm a sucker for good collard greens. I also had a sweet tea which was good--not overly sweet or artificial tasting--and very refreshing.  

Tri-tip, baked beans & collard greens

A note on the service, the owner, Gretchen, was so nice.  She came by every table and had a really nice conversation with us.  Everyone who works at Georgia's is super friendly; we were checked on numerous times.  The service was prompt and the food came out quickly.  Seriously, my new favorite place at the Packing House.  I wish Georgia's lots of success and will be back again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment